Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Change is in the air . . .

This weekend we were busy, very busy working on the house. My uncle Chuck helped Karl start tiling the kitchen backsplash. I hope it's finished before Christmas! Check out the progress so far.

This is how it looks after two days. Now there is just like a trillion custom cuts that have to happen and then maybe I'll get my stove back in its proper place.
To get any serious home improvement project started right you must include your infant child . . . so Karl dressed Gavin in work clothes, but all the lazy kid did really did was hangout with the ladies. That's okay because he's so cute!
My aunt Sandy (my mom's sister) and cousin Jaci came and played with Gavin, but the real baby lover was Gwen, Chuck's Mom. (Although she may not be directly related, she's like a Grandmother to me in many ways.) I think Gwen has her mother's touch, Gavin calmed right down just being in her arms!

New tile on the walls isn't the only new look around our house. I've followed in the foot steps of many moms before me and today I cut off my long hair after having a baby. I didn't think I'd do it, but there is a reason so many of us do. For me, I was just sick of the pony tail. Everyday, the same old look. Pulled back and boring! Now I just hope to find the extra time to actually do the new 'do. No pictures yet, but maybe tomorrow. Karl has to get home first and see what I've done to myself. Hope he likes it! :-)

3 comments:

Sarah N. said...

I love Gavin - He is adorable and I can't wait to hold him. I didn't get to touch him last time I saw him. The tile looks great too. I can't wait to see your hair.

MAJGrammie said...

Oh, my goodness...what a gorgeous pic of Gavin...I love the middle one the best! What a cutie pie! Your kitchen looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the new short-haired Kim! =)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fancy the kitchen looks! WOW!!! You are making so many changes!!! Can'y wait for a visit!